Blogger Backgrounds

16.6.11

this is the week that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...


oh goodness. I'm ten days behind. but to be fair, we've had a friend from Portland in town visiting and I wanted to give him our undivided attention on our free days... So nice seeing you, Logan. :)

free days. those don't happen much. Jaydan is in full swing football mode and is finally healed from all his minor injuries. he also started his super fun summer school class this week...it's like managing information systems or something? sounds pretty boring, if you ask me.

I'm nannying for a family with two girls ages 4 and 1. it's been great but it's also taken most of my energy. the same family offered me another job working in their office doing medical records............ which I've done before, and hated. but we'll see.

outside of that, we're loving the new house and loving having our precious puppers finally living with us. her days pretty much include: sleeping, the dog park, and ice cream. she doesn't hate it.

so, this hundred days thing... is a hard thing to accomplish. every. single. day. minor adjustments need to be made so I can actually enjoy the things I do for my husband. so I've changed it to at least 3 times a week I'll mark something off my list of sweet things to do--this also makes it last longer, yay!

this past week:

Hawaii Night-

this was my attempt at giving our backyard a resort type feel, haha.
all you really need are some beach chairs/loungers and some beach like decor. I got all of mine at the dollar tree for less than $10! I bought: a couple blow up palm trees, a beach ball, some fun straws and umbrellas, and flower lays of course.
then I made some yummy strawberry daiquiris and cut up some pineapple.

I used this daiquiri recipe:

6 cups ice
1/2 cup white sugar
4 ounces frozen strawberries
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 lime juice (normally you would use 1/4 cup sprite here, but Jaydan has been on a strict no pop diet for the last billion years)
and 3/4 cup rum (if you want to add alcohol)

just throw it in the blender and blend until smooth!

...this was basically just an excuse for me to lay out ;)

outdoor movie night-

for this you'll need:
a projector (I bought on sale at kohl's)
a dvd player to plug it in to
a big bed sheet
lots of snacks! (again a dollar store is perfect for candy & popcorn)
and bug spray.

put up your sheet somewhere in your backyard on a relatively smooth surface. hold it down with some tacks or duct tape. set up your projector on a chair and lay out some sleeping bags. invite your friends and tell them to bring movies so you have lots of options.

=makeshift drive-in :) definitely worth doing again.

simple sweet thoughts:

one day I just picked up some yummy cupcakes from a place Jaydan talked about trying every time we drove by.


I mean, who doesn't love a good cupcake? :)



well, thats it for this week! As soon as I find my camera cord I'll have better pictures of all these happenings. we're headed to wichita for the weekend and if you're there, we want to see your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment