fourteen days.
it's getting down to the wire. and we're ready. well, for the important part at least.
we've read all the building successful marriage books, completed premarital counseling, and done all the things engaged couples are expected to do. but I was ready to marry Jaydan before all this. I know his dreams, his quirks, his relationship with God, his talents, his downfalls, his ever-changing moods and his big sweet heart. I know who I'm marrying. yet, every day someone comes up with the creative question "are you ready?" or the clever statement of "you're so young." hey, thanks, I had no idea I was only twenty-one years old, I guess I better rethink this. I've come to the conclusion that I can't spend time trying to convince others of what we have, all that really matters is that we know what we have. we're the lucky ones.
outside of that, every thing else is pretty much ready too. except for the music, which to me is pretty important, not so much to Jaydan. I wanted the whole string quartet outside type vibe which is what we're going with. only issue there is I'm not this huge classical music fan, I can't really name you anything outside of Bach, Mozart or Beethoven. I thought I found a beautiful solution when I found the Vitamin String Quartet because they play music from all across the board, but they don't release much of their sheet music. bummer. but I did get a few of them that I throughly enjoy. (which will remain a surprise until the wedding, dear friends) but we desperately need a recessional song and I just can't seem to find it. any suggestions? I want something that is just ridiculously happy, because that's what I'll be. (if you're in question about my music tastes just click the lovely cassette tape icon to your right-it's pretty much all there.)
in other news:

I caught Jaydan practicing his dance skills with petey the sock giraffe today. (rachel we love this thing!) his foot is healing up quite nicely and we have high hopes of it being completely healed come honeymoon time so he can fully enjoy the ocean. :)
it's prime finals time and I can feel all the stressed out souls walking the campus. chins up, we can do this!! if nothing else, be happy it's friday and we can pretend like it's not really happening while sporting floral mustaches.




you're right, you guys are the lucky ones! So glad you love petey! love the name! :) can't wait to share your special day with you sweet friend!
ReplyDelete